Stretch marks is one beauty challenge that can make anyone cringe and feel somewhat uncomfortable in a bathing suit or revealing clothing. These silvery or flesh colored lines found on hips, breasts, thighs and buttocks can be found on anyone regardless of fitness or size. Stretch marks usually encompasses large areas of the body, such as the abdomen, but can also be concentrated on the thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breasts. Though pregnancy is the main factor contributing to stretch marks, sudden gain or loss in weight, as well as rapid growth, and heredity. Treating stretch marks should be done when they begin to occur as the problem becomes more visible with pregnancy, as well as sudden weight loss or gain. There are some natural remedies that can help diminish the appearance of stretch marks.
These are a few natural remedies to consider:
1. Drinking eight to ten glasses of water will address many skin conditions. Water moisturizes the cells and supports cell formation, as well as tissue elasticity and firmness in skin cells.
2. Using a mild liquid soap with baking soda mixed to create a silky paste and applied to the skin while bathing reduces stretch marks, and will maintain even skin tone and smooth skin. It is recommended to use a soap with glycerin, coconut, or olive oil ingredients. These oils with the baking soda smooth skin and will not cause an adverse skin reaction.
3. An essential oil mixture of geranium, rosehips, rosemary, and orange oils in a coconut oil base rubbed into the effected areas will diminish stretch marks and possibly cellulite as well. Twenty drops of geranium and rosehips to ten drops of rosemary and orange oils should help the stretch marks.
4. A mixture of sugar, oatmeal, and lemon juice to create a paste and applied twice a day will shrink stretch marks and sooth agitated skin.
5. Taking Vitamin C supplements have shown to improve the appearance of stretch marks. It is recommended to take 1500-2000 IU daily to see changes and improvements. It is also important to drink water with increased Vitamin C dosages.
6. Aloe vera is a traditional treatment for skin abrasions, burns and agitated skin. A mixture of four to six tablespoons of aloe vera juice, an aspirin, ten to fifteen drops of tea tree oil and the contents of two Vitamin E capsules will get rid of stretch marks. Rubbing this mixture into the skin will soften visible lines and eventually diminish many stretch marks.
7. Castor oil mixed with wheatgerm oil and cocoa butter will thoroughly moisturize stretch marks and make them less apparent.
8. Using any creams or lotions that contain Vitamin E, retinols, or glycolic acids will make most skin conditions improve. Stretch marks can be viewed in the same category as cellulite, and wrinkles. Skin preparations that improve those skin conditions will usually make stretch marks diminish as well.
9. A paste made from alfalfa powder, castor oil, and calendula oil will diminish stretch marks, as alfalfa contains Vitamins E and K, and a host of amino acids that helps most skin conditions improve. Alfalfa is generally soothing to the skin and needs to be applied several times a day.
10. Avoiding alcohol and caffeinated drinks can also improve the appearance of stretch marks. These beverages constrict blood vessels and deprive the skin of much needed oxygen.
About the author:
Lisa is well equipped with information about celebrities, health and beauty. She often writes about beauty treatments and new procedures for keeping fresh and youthful look. For this article he would like to thank Cosmos Clinic from Australia for valuable information.
Fashion Blog Guest Post - Understand the writing style and visit the "Write for us" page. To submit, send your article to the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org".