The summer is at your door steps. It is up to you whether you let it in and vandalize your beauty or take a stand and fight back. The latter one indeed is the option you ought to choose.
Sun could take away your beauty in number of ways; from sun spots, age spots, dark spots, melasma, to dehydration and wrinkles. The worst part of all this is that the sun hovers around you all the time. The maximum you could do is, slash your time under the sun but could not completely prevent confronting the sun. So it leaves you with only two options:
1. Preventing Sun Damage: Pro-activity Benefits.
You need to have a pro-active approach for fighting off summer tan. With the onset of summers you should in advance brace yourself with sound prevention tips:
- Put together all your summer skin accessories in a kit such as sun-blocks, sunscreens, Tan proof makeup, umbrellas, hats, scarves etc. keep the kit handy.
- Always shield your skin from the harmful sunrays with the help of an umbrella or wide brimmed hat.
- While driving bikes or scooty, make sure to wrap a cotton cloth or scarf around your face and arms. It would alleviate the sun damage.
- Use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or above. Reapply it every 2-3 hours. Sunscreen would help a great deal in battling out the sun.
- Never forget about hydrating your body. Drink loads of water (preferably around 18 glasses a day). Hydrated body fights more actively. Plus, it helps flush out the toxins from the body and imparts glow to the skin.
- Make a point to avoid going out in the peak sun hours. (10 am onwards to at least till 4 pm). It would deal out long term benefits.
- Include fruits, vegetables, juices and other healthy and hydrating stuff in your diet. The more you work on the balanced diet, less are the harmful effects of sun to your skin.
- You could resort to natural and herbal creams and formulations. Natural and herbal based formulations like dermology skin brightener. help skin rejuvenate and restore its youth full glow all over again. Moreover, these work wonders with minimum or no side –effects.
2. Scraping Off Sun Damage: When Sun Has Already Played Its Part
There are some effective home remedies that would assist you in peeling off the sun tan from your face:
- Regularly apply fresh coconut water on face, neck, and hands before and after sun hours. It promotes sun tan removal along with making your skin soft and supple.
- Prepare a mixture of lemon juice, rose water and cucumber juice. Apply it to your face and neck; keep it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off. Citric acid in lemon juice helps remove the tan. Cucumber and rose water act as toner and cooling agents.
- A paste of Aloevera gel, uncooked potato, grated cucumber and lauki should be applied over the face and neck. Leave it for half an hour. Rinse off with cold water. It will enlighten your skin.
- Yogurt and lemon juice together, applied to face as a face pack work well to lighten the skin tone. It helps reduce the sun damage.
- Sandalwood and turmeric together could make a powerful mixture for fighting off tan. Mix them in equal ratio with rose water. Let it rest for half an hour and then wash using cold water.
- Papaya is universally accepted as a blessing for the skin. It is considered a wholesome beauty treatment for the skin. Mash papaya and add some honey to it. Apply it on your face and then wash it off. It would revive your skin and bestow it with a natural glow you always wanted.
- Apply buttermilk on your skin twice daily. This would cool the skin and help revitalize it.
- Take up eating pomegranate and vitamin-E filled fruits and veggies. These would provide for blocking melanin production and averting skin darkening.
Melissa Mellie is a freelance writer by profession and fitness enthusiast at heart. She mainly covers topics related to health, fitness, Business and Natural skin care products like Defense body soap and Revitol skincare line. She prefers natural remedies over quick fixes and has a list ready with most practical methods.
More from my site
Fashion Blog Guest Post - Understand the writing style and visit the "Write for us" page. To submit, send your article to the email address "firstname.lastname@example.org".