I don’t know about you, but when I was growing up, my worst nightmare involved a dentist and a set of cold sharp metallic tools invading my gum and pulling out my teeth mercilessly. I dreaded ever going to the dentist’s so I developed a way of dealing with the toothaches and keeping the pain from my parents. Well, I am paying for that now. I have more decayed teeth than I care to count and it’s costing me quite some money to fix them up. I should have avoided all this hustle and just had them fixed while I was younger and the damage was easier to correct. Also, my parents would have paid every penny, saving me a fortune!
This is why this article seeks to convince you to run to your dentist’s office at the first sign of trouble. Better yet, avoid having any problems with your teeth by following these tips:
- Brush your teeth with quality fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, but preferably after every meal.
- Keep away from sugary, unhealthy foods. Instead, eat a balanced diet, with lots of calcium to keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- Floss your teeth with good dental floss at least once a day.
- Have your teeth cleaned by a professional every six months to remove any plaque and tartar that might have built up over the months.
- Use a soft-bristled tooth brush to clean your teeth and change it every three months.
- Apples are great for cleaning your teeth and removing plaque. They do not substitute brushing or flossing, but they do give your teeth a great healthy look.
- Chewing on crispy and firm food like sugarcane will keep your teeth healthy and strong.
- Black tea, coffee and cigarettes will cause your teeth to discolour, making it harder to maintain your pearly whites.
- You need to know the proper method of brushing your teeth.
- Take regular x-rays so that you can be sure that your teeth, roots and gums are in great condition.
I know that most of these tips are quite common and have been said time and again, but it doesn’t hurt to read them one more time. Following these ten simple tips will definitely save you from the agony that I am going through now. Dentists don’t bite, and contrary to my nightmares, they are actually quite gentle. So even if it means dragging your kids or self to the dentist’s, do it for the sake of your future smile.
Gloria Philips is a guest blogger and content writer. She has written many articles on various topics. However, she has great experience on writing orthodontic surgeon canberra and cosmetic dentist clinic canberra.
If you want to share your Guest Post at our Fashion Blog then you can start Writing for us. you can send your articles with your bio links to Fsquarefashion@in.com by mail.